Doking XD is looking for a new interior, so we’re excited to see your concept sketches! The best project will be brought to life and presented in next Doking concept car. We offer you a unique chance to see your work executed and enjoy the fame. Additionally, winner will receive a Pen Tablet, valued at $650. Deadline for submission is 1st March 2013. The jury will choose winner and twenty best works will be presented at Auto® 2013 Automotive Design conference in Zagreb 5-7 April 2013.
Doking XD is concept city EV. “Driving first class” is company slogan that describes the XD’s performance and its luxury feeling. As always, luxury is best felt in the interior and it is your task to sketch it. High quality materials, colours, shapes, but also doors and seating position is what makes this car so different. A luxury car must make life easier, in other words its use must be simple, logical and intuitive. In other words, an effortless ride. Doking XD will offer high level of personalization in terms of colours and materials. Make your design easy to change in production so it can offer various atmospheres. One customer will ask for minimalist and other for baroque style. It will be driven in cold and humid or hot and dry climate. Contrary to mass produced cars, as a luxury car the XD will offer a lot of various combinations of interiors to suit customers needs best.
Doking is brand with clear values that must be implemented in interior design:
3. High-Tech Materials
4. Dynamic Drive
- The competition is open to everyone.
- Only entries uploaded to GrabCAD through this website will participate in the competition.
- Tag your entry with “doking” when uploading it to GrabCAD to make it easier to find.
- You can submit several designs.
- Deadline for submission is 1st March 2013, last time zone.
- Winner will be announced during Automotive Design Conference and also on this Challenge site on April 7, 2013.
- Design complete interior for car with fixed measures which you have to respect.
- Only sketch is needed so no CAD files.
- Design must include
- Three seats
- Driver seat in the middle, in front of two passenger seats
- Three touch screen’s on dashboard: 12 inch in the middle, two 17 inch, one on each side
- Dok-ing Automotiv logo
- Dok-ing becomes the owner of winning project
- Design only external surfaces; no internal surfaces or components needed.
- Your submission must be on one poster: format B1 portrait, 300 dpi in PDF or any image format.
- Every project must contain:
- Authors name and surname
- Short description in English
- Dashboard view
- Bird’s-eye view of interior
- Two views from different perspectives
- Driver’s seat
- Vjekoslav Majetić, Dok-ing CEO
- Tomislav Boško, Dok-ing Automotiv CEO
- Elvis Tomljenović, Master of Product Design
- Hannah Macmurray, automotive designer and founder of online magazine Green Car Design
- One of the speakers at Auto® automotive design conference, automotive designer
- The best project will be brought to life + €500 worth Pen Tablet